Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tea Talk

My kind neighbors bring me back Darjeeling Tea from England as a thank you for house sitting their place when they are gone.  An absolutely wonderful treat!

I will never claim to be a tea connoisseur, just pour me a cup of black tea (I used to love it straight up but now I drink it with milk since it is supposed to help reduce tea-stained teeth) and I am one happy camper.  I love Darjeeling for loose leaf tea.  If I am on the run (which more often than not I am), I pick the fast track versions of tea.  Twinings English Breakfast Tea is a delightful tea bag for popping into a mug of boiling water and running.  Tetley British Blend fashions their tea satchels without any staples so you can pop the bag in while you are boiling or microwaving the water to a boil and thus eliminating time needed to steep.  It's how one drinks tea on a time schedule.