Sunday, February 5, 2012

Chuck and Downton Abbey

John Casey gets talked into movie night in Chuck
I'll admit it, I am very behind on watching American tv shows.  I keep up through conversations with my room mates; I glean just enough to always be a part of the conversation and then go off to watch my own British television shows.

One of my room mates was getting caught up on the tv show Chuck the other day when she stumbled upon the scenes where John Casey gets talked into watching Downton Abbey as a movie night.  Best lines from this episode:

John Casey: Downton Abbey.  An Upstairs/Downstairs costume drama in early 1900s England.  Yeah, something tells me not going to be a lot of explosions in that one.
Alex (his daughter): Are you kidding?  What about the bombs they drop on Edwardian convention?

[later when watching the Downton Abbey]

John Casey: Oh no.
Alex: What?
John Casey: The house maid is laying out coffee spoons with the dinner service. Yeah, it's going to be hell to pay at Downton Abbey tonight.

Thanks to the writers of Chuck for taking a moment to pause from saving the world and reference Downton Abbey instead.  Oh goodness...